Boiler Exit Probe
How can you determine boiler air in-leakage and calculate air heater leakage?
STORM’s Boiler Exit Probe is a very versatile probe that can be used downstream of the convection pass of the furnace for boiler gas measurment. The probe is easy to use and can operate in temperatures up to 1,000oF. The Boiler Exit probe is used to measure oxygen and flue gas constituents utilizing an integrated gas sample tube. A type “K” thermocouple is also integrated for temperature measurement. The probe is manufactured out of 304 stainless-steel and is available in lengths from 4ft-20ft, although custom sizes are available.
- When used in conjunction with HVT boiler testing, the Boiler Exit probe can be used to check air in leakage, temperature, and gas stratification from the furnace to the stack.
- Air heater leakage.
- Testing along oxygen probes at economizer outlet to determine accuracy of plant probes.
- This probe can be utilized in most cases from the economizer outlet to the stack inlet where test ports are available
Other Required Equipment for Testing:
- Gas Sample Conditioner
- Flue Gas Analyzer (e.g. ECOM J2KN)
- Digital Thermometer
- Digital Manometer
- Single strand of flexible tubing with thermocouple (25ft or 50ft length)