Benefits & Purpose of a STORM® Design Rotating Throat and Deflector
- Reduced or eliminated coal rejects, improved vectoring for improved grinding and improved primary airflow controllability.
- Increased pulverizer & furnace residence time.
- Improved coal fineness.
- Capability to reduce air/fuel ratios.
- Reduced FEGT’s with improved combustion lower in the furnace.
- Reduced available “free” oxygen in the high temperature flame core.
- Excessive amounts of primary airflow tend to force ignition points away from the burner as a result of higher burner nozzle velocities, thus allowing infusion of oxygen “rich” air into the flame core and increasing NOx exponentially.
- Reduce pulverizer vibration & rumbling.
- Deflector sets an open area to maintain an acceptable velocity to keep coal particles in suspension and prevent coal spillage.
STORM® Design Rotating Throat and Deflector Cutout Section